Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Urgh...very bad..haven't blogged in awhile!


Ok..no excuses except I have been one lazy lady!!

Things are going very well with our girl! We've been at Saddle Creek Farm for a year now, hard to believe! And I must say the horse I thought needed a stalled life has surprised me.....she is sooo happy as a 24/7 outdoors horse it is really really cool! Even in the winter with MI's snow and ice she wasn't cranky or mad about it!

Although I think she and the 19 year old Standardbred gelding Buddy aren't really getting along too famously lately....the last three days she has picked up boo boo after boo boo! Egads!
Ah well I am sure they'll sort it out!

Riding is going very well, especially since I really recommited to using Clinton Anderson's techniques! I never used to feel comfortable at the canter, never never until this week, when I finally did a Cruising lesson at the canter! Now I'm becoming a cantering fool, much to Belle's chagrin! Lazy horses would just so love their owner's to never think about moving forward LOL.

Today I would have worked longer but a huge and nasty thunderstorm blew up and I am a real chicken about thunderstorms! I managed to get Belle all set and back with her buddies before it hit...yikes! So tommorrow I will go again to ride so we can move forward in our training.

Another couple of days in the indoor and I'll be ready to ride outdoors. I've got her flexing pretty good right now and before I got off she was instantly shutting down to a stop when I sat in the saddle and said "Whoa" Also moving off a squeeze instead of waiting for the cluck to walk...I can't wait till she does that at trot and canter too!

We ARE finally ramping up plans to breed Belle next year, I know I know, high time, right? But we are concientious and careful owners and only when we were certain it was feasible would we go through doing that. Can't wait to be a nervous grandma for Baby Belle in 2009..won't that be a trip? lol.



Happy trails!


Robin in MI

No comments: