Monday, August 27, 2007

I really wish I'd had the camera on me!!

Joe and I went to the barn on a BEAUTIFUL Sunday morning....low humidity, in the 70s, just perfect riding weather! Joe spent a good amount of time grooming Belle, I attended to her mane and tail as that is my specialty (read I don't yank her mane out lol)...we tacked her up and went to the indoor to start...(3 days off and a major weather change...I didn't want to take any chances as weekends are Joe's riding time lol)

Joe did some Longing for respect stage one with her and she did well....he needs to practice his cues for disengaging the hindquarter a little more but really he is doing so awesome!

I've been giving him riding lessons once or twice a weekend for the past month, month and a half and he's developed a very nice posting trot, can do a one rein stop effectively and is getting more balanced in his seat. So today was the biggie....after about 15 minutes of trotting on a loose rein I asked him if he would like to try the canter?

Joe said yes and he did REALLY outstandingly well! At first of course he felt fast and out of control but I showed him how he could instantly shut Belle down with a one rein stop anytime he felt unbalanced and that helped boost his confidence!

To finish our lesson we went outside were Dr. Shannon and Lori were riding in the sunny outdoor arena. I was the only one NOT on a horse but that was ok LOL...!

So after that Bee got a nice hose off and back out to the fatty pen, where she now lives with ummm the plumper members of the Saddle Creek gang! lol.

All in all a GREAT day and my husband is very very excited about horseback riding now lol


Robin

No comments: