Friday, October 21, 2005

Lovely day, pretty good Belle :)

Well I ran out to the barn this morning, since I know I have to sleep today for work....Belle has a big long tooth mark on her back, I clipped it and cleaned it up....I *know* it was that other Arab mare...she's a real sneak attacker...oh well....the hair will grow back!

Was really dancing on the ties so back to the hard schooling.....got through to her pretty quickly that she didn't want to be ye haaing all over heck and creation, thank goodness!

Took her out to the round pen and we worked on softer trot to canter departs, instead of the screaming full throttle ones she really likes when she free longes haha! Fresh baby! She cooled out well and behaved enough so that a hand graze was in order.....looking good weightwise, her attitude is bright and perky...and her winter coat is coming in with a vengeance now. More hopefully tommorrow!

Here is an example of the full throttle behavior I am talking about....thankfully today with some direction changes she really started to just step off in a nice, smooth canter instead of BLASTOOO! haha.

No comments: